Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's Official...

... I've lost my mind! Well, okay, that's old news.

BUT NaNoWriMo is all fixed and I signed up just a few minutes ago! I'm officially "doing" NaNoWriMo and I can't wait.

Remind me of this the second week of November when I'm pulling out my hair and my husband has forgotten what I look like and is sick of frozen dinners.

I was reading Lani Diane Rich's novel "Time Off For Good Behavior" and discovered when reading the acknowledgments that she wrote it during NaNo! So... I'm encouraged.

BTW, for a good read, try Lani's "Maybe Baby"... I chuckled most of the way through, and it held my attention -- something not many books do now-a-days. My highest recommendation is that I actually read every word.

Incidentally, I'm a little loopy right now. At about 1 a.m., my cat decided to purge herself of a pesky little hairball. I'm grateful that she chose to get off of the bed first. I did manage to leap from my cozy nest, grab her convulsing body and throw it into the bathroom so that the goo hit the tile instead of the carpet (mostly), but the adrenaline rush from jumping out of bed and performing the cat toss was more than I could handle.

I did give it the ole college try, and crawled back into bed. But between my heart pounding, my brain flying and my husband snoring, there was no going back to sleep. I got up, gave the cat her morning Pounce treat and turned on the coffee pot.

I'd better stop now, though, or who knows what these fingers will type. I was working on something in my head about Political Correctness, but better not post it until I'm sure it a. Makes sense; and b. Isn't too offensive

I'm off to write. Camilla is edging toward 40,000 words. Wouldn't it be a hoot to get her finished before NaNo?

I feel like anything is possible.

No comments: