Tuesday, July 26, 2005

When Does the Sun Set in Your Town?



So, I'm writing this scene where Camilla takes one of the dogs for a walk after work. It's around 6 p.m. 30 miles outside Sacramento, CA. I have someone stalking her, and I want to know what the sun is like -- is it setting? Is it high in the sky? Dusk? What?!?!?!?!

It's a small thing, true, but sure as shootin', if I say it's dusk on May 3rd and someone in Sacramento is reading my book and know that the sun sets much later than that, I lose credibility.

Sure, I'm not writing some great historical novel, but facts still count.

My point?

I found the coolest website that tells you sunrise and sunset times for any month anywhere in the world! Man, you really can find anything on the internet if you're willing to look.

So, if you're ever curious about when the sun sets in Casablanca on January 13th... or any other capital in the world, go here: Time and Date.com.

Oh, by the way - the sunset in Sacramento on May 3rd? 8:00 pm. Damn. I was hoping for more darkness to hide Camilla's stalker.

What's the current word count? Enquiring Minds want to know: 35,529. At the rate I'm writing now, I won't be done with this draft until August 26th -- Not my original goal of August 13th. UGH. Must - write - more.

No comments: